There's nothing quite like the natural sweetness of fresh corn during the summer season. This Summer Corn Soup is a delightful way to celebrate this seasonal treat. Bursting with the flavors of ripe corn, a hint of spices, and a velvety texture, it's a refreshing yet comforting dish that embodies the essence of summer.
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 6-8 ears of corn)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Fresh herbs (such as basil or cilantro) for garnish
- Optional toppings: chopped avocado, crumbled bacon, or shredded cheese
- Corn Preparation: Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the ears of corn. You should have about 4 cups of kernels.
- Sauté the Vegetables: In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the Corn and Broth: Add the corn kernels to the pot, reserving a handful for garnish if desired. Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow it to cook for about 15 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Blend the Soup: Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it reaches your desired level of smoothness. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier soup, blend only half of it and mix it back with the unblended portion.
- Add Milk or Cream: Stir in the milk or cream and let the soup simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, if using.
- Serve and Garnish: Serve the soup in bowls, garnishing with the reserved corn kernels, fresh herbs, and any other toppings you like.
This Summer Corn Soup captures the sweetness of fresh corn in a creamy, savory bowl of comfort. Its delicate flavors and velvety texture make it a refreshing yet satisfying dish perfect for warm weather. Serve it as an appetizer or as a light meal and savor the taste of summer in every spoonful.
Article Added By Oliver